Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Mr. Stick, What does it mean to write "let it ride..."? That sounds like rule two, as I am sure you helped to add to the forum, does not apply to you. I am really at a quandary. You do this in many ways with your sarcastic rebuttals to people. The claim is this is a friendly forum. I just wonder in your mind what is friendly and what is an insult? Others may be afraid to say something to you. However, speech is cheap, but precious, so I have nothing to lose.

"SO LET IT RIDE" YOUR WORDS NOT MINE. How much fun is it to belittle someone on their first visit?

Mr. thomas1389, NO Sir, I am not picky at all. This is not a joke. This is a public forum and a little common courtesy should be shown to all, not just those that a an elite member or members decide to talk to in this manner. If not then Rule number two needs to be rewritten. It should have somewhere included within, that jokes are allowed and there can be no rules to state where the line should be drawn. Here is an example Mr. Thomas1389, it has been said you may be an SOB. "Stand Out Brother". How was the joke? Hope you may have liked it. Rule # 2 Mr. Stick.
Hi Frank, I quite seriously hope that you feel better now that you have things off your chest. I admire your intestinal fortitude in the way you fearlessly addressed the perceived irreverence of the member known to you as "Mr. Stick". Perhaps we should have a few more "rule police" here. Why, just the other day a post, that I took a great deal of exception to, was made by a member and I hesitated, admittedly in fear of others, to rebuke him/her. The word "to" was used where it should have been "too", meaning also, or, as well as. I think these instances of transgression should be noted by the moderators or perhaps a panel made up of members of unquestionable integrity that would assign points to each member for infractions of the "code". These infractions could be categorized as to severity and possible resultant damage to a member. For instance, the sarcastic rebuttal made by the aforementioned member would rate high where my making light of it would be an infraction of a lesser value. To ensure the correctness of the records of violations a selection of members of unquestionable unquestionable integrity could be made to oversee the members of just unquestionable integrity.
Or...we could just let it ride and trust the moderators to do what they do in keeping this forum a casual friendly place to share ideas, have fun and make sawdust. This would be something like getting big government out of our hair.

· Registered
1,701 Posts
Hey Herb, you might be right to think that Quarantineitis has set in somewhat. I just read Stick's note about rule bending and taking some things private. I've concluded that I should also let things ride and refrain from further input of this sort to this thread. Although I was beginning to enjoy this semi malicious repartee my better judgment says it can't go anywhere but down. Besides, It really doesn't have anything to do with routing or working wood or making any sort of sawdust. I'm gonna try to keep to the high road but I'm fearful that I might again fall off the wagon. This quarantine is playing up my weaknesses in some part and has caused me to recall admonishments made to me by my old granny, bless her soul, when she felt it was her place to correct her progeny of their errant ways. To curb my sarcasm or my occasional slide to ridicule she would say "more to be pitied than censured" of a person. My old granny often thought it was her place to correct us in lieu of our parents. She drew from a very large stock of quaint expressions and if none of her attempts at educating us worked to her satisfaction she could always fall back to knocking us into the next week with a short piece of 2 x 4 to the side of the head. Gets 'em every time, she would say with a satisfied smile. She was a sweet old lady, carried the good book everywhere. She couldn't read but she carried the book. It impressed people. She aged well but we finally had to bury her out under her favourite tree. I think she died a week later.

Okay, now lets make sawdust!!

· Registered
1,701 Posts
@Cherryville Chuck or other Moderators...

Charles, how about deleting all the garbage posts in this thread and give it back to the original poster...?
Nickp, I just have to disagree with you on this one. Just a teeny little bit. It should stop, as you say, but by staying in view it could be for the greater good, as they say. It's a good indicator of what can/should be said and what can/should be tolerated.
I agree that the thread was highjacked and I know I contributed to it's debasing. Me bad! Penance, yes, I'll remove my dust mask for the next three times I'm making sawdust. That oughta teach me right from wrong for a while. (cough, cough).

In all seriousness, just for a moment, I think (cough) I fell victim to Herb's Quarantineitis. (Cough, cough) Excuse me, I must get myself a strong drink to assuage my throat. It feels like I've been eating Burdock, or sawdust, or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.