21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31,266 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Hey Herb, you might be right to think that Quarantineitis has set in somewhat. I just read Stick's note about rule bending and taking some things private. I've concluded that I should also let things ride and refrain from further input of this sort to this thread. Although I was beginning to enjoy this semi malicious repartee my better judgment says it can't go anywhere but down. Besides, It really doesn't have anything to do with routing or working wood or making any sort of sawdust. I'm gonna try to keep to the high road but I'm fearful that I might again fall off the wagon. This quarantine is playing up my weaknesses in some part and has caused me to recall admonishments made to me by my old granny, bless her soul, when she felt it was her place to correct her progeny of their errant ways. To curb my sarcasm or my occasional slide to ridicule she would say "more to be pitied than censured" of a person. My old granny often thought it was her place to correct us in lieu of our parents. She drew from a very large stock of quaint expressions and if none of her attempts at educating us worked to her satisfaction she could always fall back to knocking us into the next week with a short piece of 2 x 4 to the side of the head. Gets 'em every time, she would say with a satisfied smile. She was a sweet old lady, carried the good book everywhere. She couldn't read but she carried the book. It impressed people. She aged well but we finally had to bury her out under her favourite tree. I think she died a week later.

Okay, now lets make sawdust!!

Tom...ROFLMAO...After I get up off the floor, clean up the coffee spray from everything in front of me (including my screen and keyboard) and regain my composure, I will continue with my now totally different day. I happened to be with a couple of friends and read them your post about Granny (hope you don't mind) and they're still laughing.

The story reminded me of my Mother's wooden spoon, straight out of the sauce on the stove...! Maybe they should have taken up woodworking instead...:grin:

(I hope I put all the commas in the right place)

Thanks for your post...nicely done, especially if one reads between the lines...:grin:

·
Registered
478 Posts
PICKY PICKY AND COURTESY

I only have two questions for MR. Stick, Question One: What does mean, "let it ride"? I think it means, Mr Stick, does not have to live by the rules such as the rest of us do. He has helped to make the rules and policies. Question Two:When something is duly "Noted", What does that mean? A change is coming or does it mean, I saw and it does not matter. Picky Picky. So is rule number two on this forum PICKY, PiCKY, and really does not mean anything at all? Does it mean it only applies to all others than Mr. Stick. This is not the first time Mr. Stick has been anything but courteous with his sarcastic innuendos.

Courtesy is Courtesy and should be the same for all and every one even Mr. Stick or remove the Rule. You in the Elite group, make the rules and the policies, so abiding by them should be easier for you than the rest.

Tagwatts1

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
C'mon Frank...drop it...

You speak of speech being free but seek to restrict others equal right...

You speak of the respect for a public forum but publicly admonish when it should be done with private message with the individual you feel offended you...

You speak of others exercising a bit of dark humor but your signature line, "Remember to eat your desert first as you may die before your food arrives", wreaks of it...

Don't you think it's about time you stopped using a public forum as your podium...? Especially as its foundation is weakened with the same content you preach against...and if you really feel that you need to do this in public, how about doing it elsewhere and not hijacking the original poster's thread...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
@Cherryville Chuck or other Moderators...

Charles, how about deleting all the garbage posts in this thread and give it back to the original poster...?

·
Registered
31,266 Posts
hey herb, you might be right to think that quarantineitis has set in somewhat. I just read stick's note about rule bending and taking some things private. I've concluded that i should also let things ride and refrain from further input of this sort to this thread. Although i was beginning to enjoy this semi malicious repartee my better judgment says it can't go anywhere but down. Besides, it really doesn't have anything to do with routing or working wood or making any sort of sawdust. I'm gonna try to keep to the high road but i'm fearful that i might again fall off the wagon. This quarantine is playing up my weaknesses in some part and has caused me to recall admonishments made to me by my old granny, bless her soul, when she felt it was her place to correct her progeny of their errant ways. To curb my sarcasm or my occasional slide to ridicule she would say "more to be pitied than censured" of a person. My old granny often thought it was her place to correct us in lieu of our parents. She drew from a very large stock of quaint expressions and if none of her attempts at educating us worked to her satisfaction she could always fall back to knocking us into the next week with a short piece of 2 x 4 to the side of the head. Gets 'em every time, she would say with a satisfied smile. She was a sweet old lady, carried the good book everywhere. She couldn't read but she carried the book. It impressed people. She aged well but we finally had to bury her out under her favourite tree. I think she died a week later.

Okay, now lets make sawdust!!
my sides hurt!!!!

Attachments

Reactions: thomas1389

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
@TNecoechea

...see... https://www.ereplacementparts.com/bosch-ra1180-2610914514-routing-table-parts-c-128_1119_9878.html

You don't need all the parts listed...you will need...

1. External switch...readily available almost anywhere
2. Fence...assume DIY by you
3. Knobs...to hold the fence in place, two should do it...item 9 on ereplacementparts link
4. Square head nuts...that will fit the underside of the table (channels) and the threads of the knobs (3. above)...probably 1/4" or 5/16"
5. Insert rings...items 16 on ereplacementparts link

In place of the knobs and square head nuts, you could also use a carriage bolt of the right size, have it come up through the table and your fence and into a female knob (threads on the inside of the knob)

Take a look at the link I gave you and see if you think you might need anything else...

Good luck...yell if you need more info...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
@Cherryville Chuck or other Moderators...

Charles, how about deleting all the garbage posts in this thread and give it back to the original poster...?
Nickp, I just have to disagree with you on this one. Just a teeny little bit. It should stop, as you say, but by staying in view it could be for the greater good, as they say. It's a good indicator of what can/should be said and what can/should be tolerated.
I agree that the thread was highjacked and I know I contributed to it's debasing. Me bad! Penance, yes, I'll remove my dust mask for the next three times I'm making sawdust. That oughta teach me right from wrong for a while. (cough, cough).

In all seriousness, just for a moment, I think (cough) I fell victim to Herb's Quarantineitis. (Cough, cough) Excuse me, I must get myself a strong drink to assuage my throat. It feels like I've been eating Burdock, or sawdust, or something.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nickp, I just have to disagree with you on this one. Just a teeny little bit. It should stop, as you say, but by staying in view it could be for the greater good, as they say. It's a good indicator of what can/should be said and what can/should be tolerated.
I agree that the thread was highjacked and I know I contributed to it's debasing. Me bad! Penance, yes, I'll remove my dust mask for the next three times I'm making sawdust. That oughta teach me right from wrong for a while. (cough, cough).

In all seriousness, just for a moment, I think (cough) I fell victim to Herb's Quarantineitis. (Cough, cough) Excuse me, I must get myself a strong drink to assuage my throat. It feels like I've been eating Burdock, or sawdust, or something.

Excellent point, Tom...and I retract my request for consideration for the deletes...:smile:

I, too, should have taken the high road...gonna need to move to higher elevation...:grin:

Reactions: Rick in NJ

·
Registered
31,266 Posts
Excellent point, Tom...and I retract my request for consideration for the deletes...:smile:

I, too, should have taken the high road...gonna need to move to higher elevation...:grin:
Colorado is closed.... FYI...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Nickp
Sir, I believe you created items, that I can appreciate. I will try to follow your advice as well. However, I still think it does not hurt to address those who are new with a much different greeting. Now having said this, I appreciate what you have said. I will address such items in the future in a more private manner. I will remove that statement from my profile so as not to offend and I say, Thank You, for your candid remarks. I would have appreciated such from Mr. Stick.

Tagwatts1

·
Registered
1 Posts
As for me, it is better to hand it over for scrap because the repair will be expensive. But it's up to you what to do with it because it will most likely be challenging to sell it. And if you are too lazy to go somewhere and look for where they will pay more, you can use the site (advertising link removed by moderator) where you can calculate the cost of selling in your country. So here the decision is only up to you since I would not worry about it in your place and would hand it over for scrap, thereby earning money. And I would have forgotten long ago that I once had this thing.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.