Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new to the fourms, was doing some googling and came across the site, tons of good information here. thanks.

I have been looking for a 1/4" collet for my bosch 1604, its an older router, and i had one at one time, seems to have gone missing..... I a currently looking for a replacement collet, i had ordered a few from amazon none of which worked, seems they only work with the 1604A. My question is, can i find a replacement collet some where else, does anyone else make a compatible collet for the older 1604? i really dont want to use an adapter, but i guess if thats my only hope i will have too.

thanks in advance for the help
Jason.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Jason and welcome. Possibly at Elaire. https://elairecorp.com/routercollets.html I believe that is the same collet that fits my DeWalt 610 model. The dimensions are within a couple of thousands of what I've been able to measure on the 610 collet.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Welcome Jason. My first inquiry would be with Bosch themselves. Give them a call and ask about replacement parts. Going directly to the manufacturer is always a good first contact because they can tell you if the product is still supported. And they can usually get the proper part, which may have been replaced with a more updated, safer part. I suspect unless it's really old they may well have your collet. Again, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Jason, Welcome to the Router Forums.

This is the same link Charles posted Elaire Corporation -Router Collets

Scroll down to the bottom and those WK collets are the ones you are looking for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts