Router Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22,005 Posts
If you're nervous about it, you might do well to find a tool repair service to remove it for you. I personally have no interest in repairing machines. Using them, yes, fixing them, no thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
if she can push the router nut back on the collet nut , she can thread it back on enough to pop it loose.

i believe she over tightened the router nut and the collet is jammed tight

Ive seen these separate in the shop several times. They do wear..,
I’m an idiot I have extra collett ans nut and I picked up the wrong one, I evidently had a collett in the spindle stuck not realizing it was there. It was a da moment

·
Registered
22,005 Posts
Now that's handled, how about sharing what kinds of projects you like to do, My wife is a pretty good artist, so I wind up making picture frames. Don't do furniture since the house is too full already.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Now that's handled, how about sharing what kinds of projects you like to do, My wife is a pretty good artist, so I wind up making picture frames. Don't do furniture since the house is too full already.p storage. The I made a slat wall with tool storage some of which I need to revisit because I put it together fast to get it I off the floor then I made two end tables with drawers for my youngest son, my oldest I made shoshuggi ban floating shelf’s, I know I spelled that wrong . For my kitchen I made a silverware drawer insert. I’ve made other things and want to tackle more when time allows. How about you. Oh I paint things also mail boxes landscape pavers etc..
I just started a year ago. So far I made a 4x8 workbench with drawers router inserted and miter saw inserted and drawers wood scra

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’m an idiot I have extra collett ans nut and I picked up the wrong one, I evidently had a collett in the spindle stuck not realizing it was there. It was a da moment
I was gonna say that I have separated the collet before by using an old butter knife and a mallet to gently drive the collet out by the lip 1/4 at a time. It slightly compresses the collet and pushes it out at the same time.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts