Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Bosch 1619 EVS router a couple of years ago but hadn't use it much. One of the segments of the commentator came out. I have never seen this happen before. I have Bosch tools from the 70'. I sent Bosch a picture and they said they couldn't help me and the armature was no longer available. I told them I wouldn't be buying anymore Bosch tools.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Click on my name and email me the photo. I may be able to help you with this.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Take it to a alternator/generator re-winder and see what the charges are. If the commutator is still electrically complete then the fix, maybe 0.10$ worth of epoxy, if not your guess is as good as anyone's. The question is, "why did it come loose and did this cause additional damage?"

good luck - Baker

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
I disagree on this Richard. It is always better to go directly to Bosch for any problem with one of their tools. If there was a defect in materials or workmanship they will fix it, even out of warranty.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I respect your opinion, but

I disagree on this Richard. It is always better to go directly to Bosch for any problem with one of their tools. If there was a defect in materials or workmanship they will fix it, even out of warranty.
The gentelman has already tried Bosch and they told him no way. Bosch in Tennessee (automotive brakes) and other locations was a customer of mine for many years and at one time they truley would fix almost anything ever built, but as with so many companies that have placed profit and investors first, inventories of non-warrenty items are shrinking; everywhere. Bosch is still a very good company but in the current situation I stand by my answer.

Baker

1 - 6 of 6 Posts