Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the referenced table saw intending to use it for dadoing. I have a stacked dado set and have ordered the dado insert which will include the dado washer. However, in checking out the setup for dados, I find that the riving fence will not retract below the table and sticks up about 3/4 inch at it's lowest position. I'd be happy to remove it if necessary and if I knew how. Anybody else faced this problem and how did you work it out?

Wayne

·
Super Moderator
John
6,944 Posts
:) Hello Wayne, really pleased to see you join the community, welcome to Router Forums!
Sorry I can't help you I'm not familiar with that piece of equipment

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Foolish Question

I feel so foolish. I've been working with my Shopsmith table saw (Tilting Table) to now and just wasn't used to this tool. Anyway, a slap-myself-in-the-face moment when I went to see a display model at Lowes and the riving knife was below table level. Well, shucks, it moves up and down with the blade. Who'd have thought?

I guess this is a pretty good way to introduce myself to the community by eating a little crow.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Welcome, Wayne; no need to be embarrassed ...we've all had those revelatory moments. They just come more frequently now! ;)

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
It may move up and down with the blade but is it designed to work with a 10" blade? If it is it may still stick up too much for a dado set. I am not familiar with that model either but I would take the insert out and see if I can see if it is attached with bolts as I suspect it may be.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have heard alot about this tool and get a feedback that it is one of the most used tool in furniture industry. Is it correct ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts