Router Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
has anyone used the Bosch belt sander angle guide part number 2607001079? If so, may I ask if it can be swivelled around and bevelled to sharpen chisel and plane blades?
Peteroo

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Peter I don't have a belt sander but I think the answer is ""NO"". For one thing a belt sander would be to aggressive and the speed of the belt is to fast. Look at some videos on You Tube and I think after you watch them you will see why.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
On the contrary, Don; I have a Bosch belt sander and I sharpen and face steel items on it regularly.
http://marangotz.com/wp-content/fancygallery/7/18/BOSCH-BELT-SANDER-GBS-75AE.jpg
I use 180-220 grit belts but if an auto supply house has finer grit even better.
Not saying it does a finish edge on your best chisels but if you need to take out a nick, it's quick!
On mine I just flip it on it's back, REMOVE THE DUST BAG, and free hand the job.
Does an excellent job on putting a decent edge on my axe.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Dan for what you are talking about I agree. I was talking about putting a really sharp edge on plane irons and chisels.

PS- Great looking belt sander. I am going to get one of those.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Damn. you guys are brutal to tools...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
When did Stick shave his beard?
I didn't...
give it another decade or two...
some wanted a way younger me and hair hadn't taken root yet...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I didn't...
give it another decade or two...
some wanted a way younger me and hair hadn't taken root yet...
Were there cameras back then...? :surprise: :lol:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bosch belt sander edge guide

Gee Guys
thanks for the advice. Stick, would you like some free amateur neurolyngistic reprogramming. You seem to have problems with your self image and self esteem.

With a modern speed regulated belt sander I would believe it was possible to sharpen chisels and plane blades. There are numerous sandpaper and diamond stone sharpeners on the market. The local Aussi Bosch man says he thinks that the edge guide mentioned will swivel and tilt to be in position to do the job. I sure hope he is right.
Peteroo

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Stick, would you like some free amateur neurolyngistic reprogramming. You seem to have problems with your self image and self esteem.
sure...
let's give it a whirl...
what do you have in mind???

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Stick, would you like some free amateur neurolyngistic reprogramming. You seem to have problems with your self image and self esteem.
Peteroo

No, Peter, the image fits him to a tee! I am surprised that he cut loose of his pre-grade school pictures. I believe he grew his first hair (one...on his head) somewhere around third or fourth grade.

Words has it that his family was so poor that he never had any clothes until he started school. He used to stand and look out the window and watch the world go by. When he got a little taller they bought him a hat so he wouldn't scare the neighbors as they walked by and saw him in the window.

I think what you saw above was him having a temper tantrum because he wanted a shirt to go with the hat and they wouldn't give him one.

When he turned six they had to put pants on him because he was too tall for the window sill to hide him.

Wait until you see his eighth grade picture, now that one is a hoot!:wink:>:):wink:>:)

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
No, Peter, the image fits him to a tee! I am surprised that he cut loose of his pre-grade school pictures. I believe he grew his first hair (one...on his head) somewhere around third or fourth grade.

Words has it that his family was so poor that he never had any clothes until he started school. He used to stand and look out the window and watch the world go by. When he got a little taller they bought him a hat so he wouldn't scare the neighbors as they walked by and saw him in the window.

I think what you saw above was him having a temper tantrum because he wanted a shirt to go with the hat and they wouldn't give him one.

When he turned six they had to put pants on him because he was too tall for the window sill to hide him.

Wait until you see his eighth grade picture, now that one is a hoot!:wink:>:):wink:>:)
you've been in contact w/ my family ...
they share the really early age cowboy pictures???...

I think Peter might have meant neuro linguistic programming
hopefully not to be confused with Natural Language Processing (also NLP)
but no matter...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
you've been in contact w/ my family ...
they share the really early age cowboy pictures???...

I think Peter might have meant neuro linguistic programming
hopefully not to be confused with Natural Language Processing (also NLP)
but no matter...
You mean the photo of you on the stick horse with the ten gallon hat being held up by your ears?:wink:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts