Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a Bosch 1905 (1604) router mounted to my table saw. I have mostly 1/2" bits. But I also have some 1/4" bits. I only have the 1/2" collet. Does anyone know if a collet from at 1613/1617 will fit this router?

Thanks!

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum, John.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
John, the collets from a 1617 will work with a 1604A but not with a 1604.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Collet adaptors work but you are always better off using the right sized collet. One less thing that can slip.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Collet adaptors work but you are always better off using the right sized collet. One less thing that can slip.
+1 on that

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Both styles are in stock per a phone conversation today. :)

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
Just be careful in ordering 1/4" collets from on line suppliers.

Acting on posts in the forum, I tried to find 1/4" collets for my routers. I already had plenty of 1/4" sleeves.

I purchased a 1/4" collet for my Makita from Wealden Tools in UK recently.

In their catalog, it was described as a 1/4" collet with no picture.

What I got was a 1/2" to 1/4" reducer sleeve. So even good suppliers are not too sure what is a collet and what is not.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No 1/4"

So I order the collet. It did not fit. I called up ereplacements and they said they did not have the collet for the router. I got adaptor to 1/4".

I am not sure how much life is left in this router, so I don't want to sink too much cash into it.

When I was using this week end, sounded like something was going. It made horrible screeching sounds that faded in an out. I was able to finish my project, but not too sure about my next project if it will last.

Again, thanks for all the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.