Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
I'd take it to a hardware store and check fit of what they have.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I see that some of the screws listed for the router are metric so those thumbscrews are almost guaranteed to be metric too.

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yes they are commonly found metric threads. I made an aftermarket edge guide for mine. I purchased allen set screws, with a bronze tip insert from McMaster Carr.

I can't get to my base at the moment. It is in storage due to me moving. I was not able to locate thumb screws. I was more concerned with marring the "drill rod"
guide rods, also bought from McMaster Carr. They are sold in pacs of 5. I remember taking mine to a hardware store to find the pitch of the threads, as mentioned by Theo above.

Im sorry that I can't remember the size to give you.

Ellery Becnel

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Home Depot up here carries an assortment of metric bolts, at least out west here they do. Canadian Tire out here does too. You could try some bolts first while you look for the thumbscrews. The thread size for my DW611 turned out to be 6mm. I can't remember the pitch offhand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.