Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have learned recently that Bosch will be coming out this month with a plunge base for the Colt "trim router". Does anyone have any specific information as to who might be offering this for sale? Have contacted Rockler, however they do not have the product in their line up as of yet.

My motto is "Happiness is Being Covered in Sawdust"
Sal

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Bosch will have them in stock within the next couple weeks. The plunge base is very similar to the plunge base on the MR23 router.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Update: I just got word that the official press announcement on the new Colt kit and components happens this Thursday. Items should be available next week.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Bosch will have them in stock within the next couple weeks. The plunge base is very similar to the plunge base on the MR23 router.
Sort of looks like it's wearing earmuffs!! The Colt is on my list of wants, but i'm trying not to buy anything for a while. At least a week. Well, maybe a work week. ;)

earl

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
The new grips are very comfortable to use as shown here on an MRP23EVS. This Bosch edge guide also works with the new Colt plunge base.

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
18,847 Posts
Have learned recently that Bosch will be coming out this month with a plunge base for the Colt "trim router". Does anyone have any specific information as to who might be offering this for sale? Have contacted Rockler, however they do not have the product in their line up as of yet.

Sal

Welcome to the forum, Sal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Colt Plunge Base

I have contacted Bosch technical support group via email and received a response that the base will be out at the end of December 2012. Apparently there was a glitch of some sort. Checked with the support personnel at Rockler, who sells and supports the Bosch line and they could not offer any firm dates. Further, they indicated that they did not have any incoming inventory to support this product accessory.

You would think that Bosch would get its ducks "beak to butt" for the Holiday Season! Oh well....:(

Sal

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
I just called to check on this and the larger dealers will have the plunge base on 10/26 and the kits will be at the dealers on 11/16 according to Bosch's woodworking product manager. This is different than the information I got from another Bosch tech rep.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts