Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is targeted at any experienced owner of a MR23.

I recently got mine, and today tried putting it in a router table, using the fixed base MRF01.

I am having trouble with the adjustment of the depth/height. Once I have the macro adjustment, per the manual I then use the T wrench to make the fine adjustment.
I can lower the router ok, but not the other way.

When I try to raise the router up, the threaded rod turns and goes down and down, but the router does not move back up. I am concerned the rod could come completely off. See picture.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Fixed base adjustment on Bosch should not look like that

What you have there is definitely NOT right, the black dial should never leave the casting . it should look like the picture I have attached with only the release lever ( in the middle ) moving up and down on the thread with the router motor and bit. MikeM from Detroit will no doubt join in shortly as he deals with Bosch USA a lot and helped me sort mine plunge base out with them but you should take it back to the vendor or Call Bosch Canada.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I might suggest you input a little background in your profile Duncan as most members attempt to adjust their assistance with consideration to you geographical location, the experience you indicate etc. you don't put personal address and stuff but city and years woodworking lets other members know how to help you better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I updated my profile. Thanks for the suggestion.

I believe the C clip on the threaded rod slid up to the end. There is a notched are where I think it should go. I tried moving it back, and will see how that goes.

·
Banned
12,004 Posts
You got it in one Duncan. The clip (item #22) can be forced out of position using the T handle for height adjustments. I always start adjustments with the fine adjuster in the center of it's range. The 3 macro adjustments get you close and the micro adjuster gives the exact setting. This is also true with the newer 1617 fixed bases. Both bases must be adjusted before closing the locking lever. Only the MRP01 base has the after lock fine adjustment feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.