Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have had the aforementioned router for about 30 years. Unfortunately I knocked it off of my kitchen table and I have cracked the base plate. What can I do to replace it? As far as I know it is now defunct and spares are not available. Can anybody help?

Eddie

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Hello

I have had the aforementioned router for about 30 years. Unfortunately I knocked it off of my kitchen table and I have cracked the base plate. What can I do to replace it? As far as I know it is now defunct and spares are not available. Can anybody help?

Eddie
if it's just the plate, glue it back together and use it as template to hake another one or get an after market one from say Jasper...

Model-525 |

·
Super Moderator
John
6,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
If the base (metal) is cracked, you will likely have to find a used one, ebay or google for sale on this item. If it is just the base plate, then Stick's solution is the answer. But I think you might really enjoy using a Bosch 1617 instead. A lot less trouble and if you get it at Lowes, you'll have it for use later today. 30 years is a lot of service from any tool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts