Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Jessem Router lift 2 plate will fit the opening in the Bosch RA 1171 router table without modifying the opening? Thank you for sharing your knowledge.
Mike

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
just use a stand alone 1617 fixed base...

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
Stick's suggestion is great. You can order a key (as in the pictures), so you can adjust the height from above the table. You remove the base of the router.

According to the following listing, the plate is pre setup for the fixed base. "

Compatible with the following router models:
Bosch: 1617 series (fixed base only), 1613, 1619, MR Series

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Would the Porter Cable 690 LR router fit in this base as well
Stuart
the PC router fit into the Bosch base??? is this what you are asking...
NO!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Would the Porter Cable 690 LR router fit in this base as well
Stuart
YES, according to page 15 of the RA1171 instruction manual listing compatible routers. While the Bosch 1617 uses a 4 screw pattern for its sub-base plate, under that plate is a second set of tapped holes in the PC 690 trianglular pattern. Using the "B" mounting configuration, you should be able to match up either the 1617 or the 690.

By tapping the triangle pattern, the 1617 fixed base can use any attachment/fixture drilled for the PC 690, adding to its versatility. (I think the PC 7580 uses the same pattern? Really, i'll stick with my 1617's!!) See the photo below.
earl

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I believe the OP wanted to know if the 690 motor would fit into the 1617's fixed base not the table...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,354 Posts
Welcome to the forum Mike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts