Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bosch 1617EVSPK router, a RA1125 template guide. and a CMT Complete Inlay Kit. I wish to use the CMT inlay kit, which uses a threaded adapter to mount to a router base. But the Bosch base plate does not have a thread. Which part am I missing to attach to the Bosch router?:help:

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
The Bosch RA1100 adapter allows you to use PC style guide bushings. You can usually find the best price for these on Amazon.com by entering bosch ra1100 in the search box.

PS: This information is posted in the Guide bushings and templates section of the forums as a Sticky thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mike, does the RA1100 fit directly into the black plastic bottom of the fixed base in the 1617EVSPK kit or is there another Bosh part required before I can fit the RA1100 to the router?

I ask because I'm getting a Leigh D4R Pro jig and I need to fit the Leigh's fancy guide bushing to the bottom of the Bosch.

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Ty, if your router purchase was after 2010 you will need the RA1126 quick release adapter.(Older packaging included the adapter.) Both bushings used with the Leigh pro jigs can be used with the RA1100 adapter since they are PC style. I highly recommend you also purchase the RA1173AT dust collection set.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought the dust collection last week. This Bosch is really driving me batty! I've been spoiled by Festool, where the basic stuff is in the box with the router!

Do you think it's better to buy the two Bosch adapters, or just to buy Lee Valley's or Woodcraft's replacement acrylic base for the router that already is milled in the center for the PC-style bushings?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts