Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do not be fooled into buying the Bosch VS router! I've had 3 of them over the past 3 years and the 3rd one just quit working! The switch is probably the problem again but I cannot believe any half hearted attempt to design a woodworking tool could ignore the fact that woodworking tools create dust. I approached the Bosch salesman at a couple of different trade shows and both deny any knowledge of a switch problem. Frustrating! I'll never own a Bosch product again.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Hi Gregg,

Welcome to the router forums. :)

I'm sorry to hear of your trouble with Bosch. I don't think that, salespersons are fully knowledgeable when it comes down to "known" or "unknown" issues with their products. This would and will fall into their service technicians department. There are many members here who have Bosch routers and haven't had trouble with them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do not be fooled into buying the Bosch VS router! I've had 3 of them over the past 3 years and the 3rd one just quit working! The switch is probably the problem again but I cannot believe any half hearted attempt to design a woodworking tool could ignore the fact that woodworking tools create dust. I approached the Bosch salesman at a couple of different trade shows and both deny any knowledge of a switch problem. Frustrating! I'll never own a Bosch product again.
Sorry,
I didn't introduce myself before posting about my frustration with my non working Bosch routers. I'm a hobby woodworker in Tulsa OK and a member of the Green Country Woodworkers and the NE Oklahoma Woodturners clubs. I enjoy my limited shop time immensley. I work a lot of hours as a sales person for a large conglomerate manufacturer thus my limited hobby time. I've recently built a tilt and turn tea table, a table and chair set for my grand kids, a antique sugar chest reproduction and a few jewlery chests for family gifts. I also make items for my clubs yearly fundraising efforts such as twelve Tongue Drums and twenty eight Garden Trugs. The Garden Trugs were started at a "build and learn" day I hosted in my garage workshop for four other club members. Fortunately my router worked that day and we cut lots of box joints for the trugs.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hello Gregg, and welcome to the RouterForums. Glad to have you join us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts