Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am a relatively new router user. I purchased a compact router 2 years ago, the BOSH GKF125CE that works really well. Now I have a couple of projects planned where a table is needed. SO I purchased the SKIL RAS900 table. However my smaller Bosh router is not compatible with the table's mounting plate. Does anyone know if another mounting plate for this table is available? or ... any other solution? I am considering swapping routers with someone if needed be.

·
Registered
Paul
2,115 Posts
That router is a trim router, probably not often used in a table. I don't know if it would be possible to drill mounting holes for it. You could probably make your own table to fit it (can you return the Skil?) or use this as an excuse to get a full-size router. ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks TenGees.
I don’t know what a trim router is but I beleive I’ve got one yes. I am exploring replacing the exiting base a with a bigger one that would allow me to attach it to my router table mounting plate. I think that’s a good direction to explore.

·
Registered
Paul
2,115 Posts
Trim routers are smaller routers originally used for trimming laminate, like on counter tops. In the last 5 years or so they've gotten more powerful, so they can be used for much more. Sometimes you can drill holes into the router table to fit your router. The easiest way to see is to take off the base-plate (clear on yours) of the router. Lay it on the table, centered around the main hole. See where the screw holes (3 on your router) need to be. You have to make holes like the ones in the plate, there needs to be room for the heads of the screws below the surface of the table.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.