Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, for the past few months I've gone to the garage to get a beer, then found a wrench or pliers, or screwdriver to open it because there's no opener out there. Today I broke out the pallet wood and a few tools and made this for the garage wall. It is FAR from fine woodworking, but it's not supposed to be fine, it is, after all, pallet wood in a rustic environment.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
What are you drinking, that you would need a bottle opener? Because all of the glass beer and soda bottles are all screw top, as far as I know. No need of a bottle opener with one of those.

But when I was young there were no screw tops, you buy a case of beer, you get a free opener. And if you lost the opener, no prob, we would pop them open on a car bumper, or car door hinge. They used to have them on key rings too.

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
17,393 Posts
Nice job Ken , I really like it ;)

Was wondering where you got the metal opener part ?

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
After all that work you deserve a cold one.

HJ

Was probably Corona- no screw tops on those ..... or craft beer

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
What are you drinking, that you would need a bottle opener? Because all of the glass beer and soda bottles are all screw top, as far as I know. No need of a bottle opener with one of those.

But when I was young there were no screw tops, you buy a case of beer, you get a free opener. And if you lost the opener, no prob, we would pop them open on a car bumper, or car door hinge. They used to have them on key rings too.
Theo, some of the smaller micro breweries are not twist off. Some wine coolers and hard cider as well.

Another place there ALWAYS used to be an opener like this one was in motel rooms. NOT any more!! SWMBO and I stayed at one, and I bought refreshments that needed an opener. Fortunately I had a pair of pliers in the car. Now there is always an opener in the glove box of the car for times like this.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Ken, that's a real nice addition to any garage. I was going to mount an opener to one of my shelf uprights.. never thought of a cap catcher.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drink craft beers or Corona, all of the bottles require an opener. I will also home brew when I'm finally organized here, and for that I won't need an opener because I have a draft setup.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Nice job...love the cap catch...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
and rustic it is..
nicely made solution...

but why all the way out to the garage.. no strategically placed stashes throughout the house???

Reactions: kklowell

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The beer fridge is in the garage, Stick. It's there because 2/3rds of one side will be my bar/gameroom at some point. That and the fact that I really have to want a beer to get up and go get one. That keeps me from drinking up my inventory too quickly.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I bottle mine into 500ml plastic bottles with one-time plastic screw tops.
Anybody doesn't like that combo doesn't have to drink it... :)
OH, MY, GOD!:surprise:

Plastic instead of glass? How could you brew beer and then dump it into a plastic container?
@Stick486, that's it, the raids off...the beer is NICHE GUTT! Plastic, PLASTIC. He's ruined the taste, Stick.

Now I'm just plain mad...

On second thought, we need to go ahead with the raid and save Dan from drinking ruined beer. Instead of transport logistics we need to switch focus to ordinance.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I bottle mine into 500ml plastic bottles with one-time plastic screw tops.
Anybody doesn't like that combo doesn't have to drink it... :)
:surprise:...I had this impression you were one of those "beer aficionado's"...

Salvation can still be had...with a bit of patience and some penance you will be back in the fold...

Have no fear...Bill and Stick are enroute to assist you in regaining your position... I think that's what "ordinance" means...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
The beer fridge is in the garage, Stick. It's there because 2/3rds of one side will be my bar/gameroom at some point. That and the fact that I really have to want a beer to get up and go get one. That keeps me from drinking up my inventory too quickly.
teach the dog to '''fetch'''...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts