Router Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
7,194 Posts
I don't recommend you try this at home. But I found out that if you put a rough, out of balance, blank in the lathe, turn the lathe on, then use a hand power planer, to make the piece perfectly round in about 5 seconds. Loads of fun.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't recommend you try this at home. But I found out that if you put a rough, out of balance, blank in the lathe, turn the lathe on, then use a hand power planer, to make the piece perfectly round in about 5 seconds. Loads of fun.
That wouldn’t work in my case. My lathe is small and will only turn 12.5” over center and I am turning 12” bowls.

·
Premium Member
Retired since June 2000
15,065 Posts
That wouldn’t work in my case. My lathe is small and will only turn 12.5” over center and I am turning 12” bowls.
I'm very fortunate in that I have a friend, a professional turner, who lives close by and was introduced to me by a member who lives in England! he has kept me supplied with bowl blanks plus lots more for FREE, all that I have given him in return besides friendship is lessons on the finer points of hand held plunge routing.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.