Router Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have made 15 to 20 boxes and baskets over the past month. Here are just a few of them.

The first box is made for a young lady that had lost her son several years ago, and a friend asked me to make her a memory box. The box is made of Ziricote wood. This one was shipped to the lady yesterday.

The 3rd picture is a memory box made of spalted maple with a tiger maple top. I haven't engraved it yet.

The two boxes together are small boxes made of tiger maple with bird's eye maple tops.

The first basket is made of Granadillo wood, and the last basket is made of Koa wood from Hawaii.

Most of these will probably go to Down Syndrome Society this week.

Also got a message this week about a local lady that had a 13 years old daughter with severe health issues. I took her a cherry baskets with a teddy bear in it. The father sent me a message that his daughter has suffered more in 13 years than most people do in a life time. Also took her a vase of daffodils. I try turning out abut one box or basket every day or so plus keep some in stock for special needs.

Speaking of such...I was at a local Walmart looking for small brass screws. The elderly sales lady was helping me look for them. She asked why did I want them. I told her to put handles on baskets that go to kids with special needs. I told her I also make boxes for kids and adults that are struggling. She said she has been working a lot of hours because she was severely depressed from losing her husband. I went home and got her a box for try helping her along.
IMG_1830.JPG
IMG_1831.JPG
IMG_1832.JPG
IMG_1829.JPG
IMG_1824.JPG
IMG_1826.JPG
IMG_1830.JPG

Malcolm / Kentucky / USA

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,147 Posts
Great work Malcolm.

·
Premium Member
19,820 Posts
You the man Malcolm, surely when it comes to beautifully executed boxes. Those must have been deeply appreciated by the families.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have made 15 to 20 boxes and baskets over the past month. Here are just a few of them.

The first box is made for a young lady that had lost her son several years ago, and a friend asked me to make her a memory box. The box is made of Ziricote wood. This one was shipped to the lady yesterday.

The 3rd picture is a memory box made of spalted maple with a tiger maple top. I haven't engraved it yet.

The two boxes together are small boxes made of tiger maple with bird's eye maple tops.

The first basket is made of Granadillo wood, and the last basket is made of Koa wood from Hawaii.

Also got a message this week about a local lady that had a 13 years old daughter with severe health issues. I took her a cherry baskets with a teddy bear in it. The father sent me a message that his daughter has suffered more in 13 years than most people do in a life time. Also took her a vase of daffodils. I try turning out abut one box or basket every day or so plus keep some in stock for special needs.

Speaking of such...I was at a local Walmart looking for small brass screws. The elderly sales lady was helping me look for them. She asked why did I want them. I told her to put handles on baskets that go to kids with special needs. I told her I also make boxes for kids and adults that are struggling. She said she has been working a lot of hours because she was severely depressed from losing her husband. I went home and got her a box for try helping her along. View attachment 398151 View attachment 398152 View attachment 398153 View attachment 398154 View attachment 398155 View attachment 398156 View attachment 398151

Malcolm / Kentucky / USA
Nice work. What types of equipment are you using to make the parts?

Art Schmitt

·
Registered
Retired
2 Posts
I admire all of your boxes! I wish I lived nearer to you. I think a newby like myself could learn a lot from you.

Mike in TN

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,147 Posts
Welcome to the forum @mifon (Mike)

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Your boxes are unique, Malcolm. But their final use is the best cause for those who have been suffering in their lives.
Your heart is also big.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Speaking of such...I was at a local Walmart looking for small brass screws. The elderly sales lady was helping me look for them. She asked why did I want them. I told her to put handles on baskets that go to kids with special needs. I told her I also make boxes for kids and adults that are struggling. She said she has been working a lot of hours because she was severely depressed from losing her husband. I went home and got her a box for try helping her along. View attachment 398151 View attachment 398152 View attachment 398153 View attachment 398154 View attachment 398155 View attachment 398156 View attachment 398151

Malcolm / Kentucky / USA
About once a week someone contacts me for one of their friends. They will know of someone that is struggling - a mother that lost one or more kids to drugs, health issues for children and adults. One child that was wheelchair bound that had lost his favorite puppy. Seems to always have something going on. I try keeping inventory for everyone's needs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts