Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides all the Polish People we have a substantial Ukrainian population in the area too. So I figured - why not try it. Here's my first two attempts at the Ukrainian Trident. Used 1 x 12 birch boards (same as the Polish Eagles).
Stained 1/2 and left the rest natural. 4 coats of poly.

Attachments

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,182 Posts
Looks good, John! In this case would it be faster to cut the trident out of a thinned piece and glue it in place? You could cut the pocket fairly quickly and then attach the trident. Just thinking out loud...

David

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good, John! In this case would it be faster to cut the trident out of a thinned piece and glue it in place? You could cut the pocket fairly quickly and then attach the trident. Just thinking out loud...

David
I could - but it wouldn't be the same. The glue could let loose down the line and the grain wouldn't match. This way you can tell it's one piece of wood. Besides, it takes less time to cut the whole thing than 2 separate pieces. The bit travels the same no matter what it cuts. And this way it's all lined up. I do two at once so it takes less than 45 minutes each total time at 180 ipm. And that could even be quicker if the speeds were increased and I stayed right on top of things keeping with the program. But I have my comfort zone and let the machine do it's thing while I do something else.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As the Marketing maven of Router Forums, I LOVE it. Could you offer the family name in Russian alphabet for those who want it? Special order, premium price. Are there other symbols, say for Georgia, or another region?
Should be able to. Russian is very similar to Ukrainian. I'm open for other nationality symbols.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Very nice, John...ya gotta love them CNC's...!

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Registered
966 Posts
Nice work John,

I am Canadian and don't even speak Ukrainian, but my Grand father came to Canada from the Ukraine. I wish my father would have had the time and/or patience to teach me all those languages he spoke. I know I LOVE Ukrainian food !

Dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.