Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a workbench I put together for my son-in-law for Christmas.

It started with an old Display Case I found on Craig's List. It had a glass top so I removed that and added three drawers.
I bought a butcher block workbench top from WoodCraft but it was too short so I asked for help here and someone told me I needed
to add Breadboard ends and thus with help from a few of you I learned how to do it. Thanks to all of you.

PC240173.jpg

PC260190.JPG

PC260192.JPG

PC230170.jpg

PC260196.JPG

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more pictures

I guess it's really a splined breadboard end, that's what Stick and Tom recommended. Thanks to both of them.
I love working on stuff like this and really get a chance to learn.

Son-in law loved it.

Time to rest,
Bryan

Attachments

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Looks great Bryan - nice job.

I totally agree - there are a lot of pretty sharp folks on this forum who are willing to share their knowledge and experience.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,176 Posts
Terrific result Bryan.

Reactions: bryansong

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
well done Bryan...

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Nice Job Bryan. Now you know just how easy it is to make spline joints.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Excellent...BTW, you have entirely too much room in your shop and need to send some to me...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent...BTW, you have entirely too much room in your shop and need to send some to me...
You are so right Nick, I get lost in there sometimes. I do have a lot packed in there but not enough order. I'm working on that some today as well
as the next few days.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nice job.

If your son-in-law has a welder then you might want to add some metal sheeting in the corner under the vice so if he welds the little small metal beads don't burn holes in the wood top. It kind of looks ugly so add it after you present it to him. I used about a square foot of sheet metal 40 years ago in an old shop which I had to weld in also. I was too poor back then to have a place for welding and a separate place for wood working. But welding on the vice was like having a third hand which really helped holding stuff.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts