1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
done yet???

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not really a breakfast bar but this is the one I built in my basement. I had picked up a 14' solid oak back to a church pew years ago and just had it supported by square legs and attached to the wall for 15 years. The wife decided she wanted a wall unit with bookshelves and a spot for the TV. I had an old media unit wall unit for a projection TV so I cut it up and re-purposed as much as I could. The center cabinets and glass doors were the main pieces. The two lower drawer cabinets on the right are inexpensive particle board units that I made new drawer fronts for and the lower left cabinet was made from scratch. I used 1/2" MDF for the upper vertical assemblies screwed to 2X4's and used oak veneer boards for the shelves to match the large oak board. The light is from Ikea. The most difficult part is making the recessed drawer pulls. I included pictures of the bits and jig I used. The jig is shown upside down for clarity. I spray textured and painted the unit to match the walls.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
awesome!!!!

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
Someone looks very happy.....

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Look closely and you will see plenty of counter space for new tools!

Love all of the cabinets.

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Premium Member
17,428 Posts
Mike I always really liked those green cabinets you made . Was never really big on green but that looks fantastic IMO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts