Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Steve
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallelujah, I have finally finished my most complicated endeavour yet. Plenty of blood, sweat and swears went into this one, but it's worth it to see it finally in place.

I have a lot of build pictures for the whole progress is anyone really wants to see them. If you do, let me know and I'll begin uploading with descriptions of what I was up to.

I'm pleased to report that the warp in the door I was having issues with has actually come right. I clamped it in a more closed position for a few days and it helped, then along with another coat of poly on both sides it seems to have come right. The battens are in just to help keep things aligned and less inclined to warp, although I actually think it'll be pretty stable.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Very nice job Steve. All the lines are nice and even. Did you laminate all the boards together? Just curious as I know how hard it is to get a good fit when you do end to end.

Reactions: dman2

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
beautiful

·
Registered
Steve
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Very nice job Steve. All the lines are nice and even. Did you laminate all the boards together? Just curious as I know how hard it is to get a good fit when you do end to end.
Hi Chuck, no, as with the table I've used matching glue-lam sheets from Bunnings (local big box store), so it's Beech and Tasmanian Oak, and looks the same as the table (just thinner for most of it).
Had to re-do some of it due to warping after unwrapping, as according to the label the sheets come from Romania, and at the time didn't like the humidity change.
That would be a lot of laminating, and I don't feel quite at that skill level yet! :)

·
Registered
Steve
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice. The QC inspector in the fourth photo seems to approve as well.

Charley
Hahaha! Thanks Charley. I can tell you the inspector has watched this project from the start...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
AWESOME...! ! ! Excellent attention to detail...

Reactions: jj777746

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
the more I look at your work the better I like it...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.