Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of planning to build my own wood screen/storm rear door, only because I can't find any 24 inch ones at retails/home depots, etc. Has anyone ever attempted this? If so, do you have any information on how to accomplish this? Any help would do. The door needs to be able to have both screen removal and storm glass capability. Thanks :unsure:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Hello Jeff! Welcome to the forum! I am of the notion that if You want to build it. Then You will! I would recommend that You look at all the hardware You can find about building a outdoors storm door. You will do better with weatherstripping made for the door, and look at how to make it safe and tight, as far as air movement. You may need to use tempered glass. That will depend on Your local building inspector, and local codes. Have fun building it, and keep Us informed, and send photographs

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi JeffC

Check your RV supply house they should have a small one that should work..
I should pull up a shot of the door that go's to the back room in my shop, it's was a used storm that I cut down because I could not find a door that size, they are easy to rework, just some screws some glass and some push in rubber...1 ,2 ,3 thing..
=========

I am in the process of planning to build my own wood screen/storm rear door, only because I can't find any 24 inch ones at retails/home depots, etc. Has anyone ever attempted this? If so, do you have any information on how to accomplish this? Any help would do. The door needs to be able to have both screen removal and storm glass capability. Thanks :unsure:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you dutchman 46, AxlMyk, bobj3 and CanuckGal for the informative directions toward my building door project. Will let you all know what I come up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts