Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys; I'm building some drawers for the island I build in the kichten.
And I'm not sure how to mount the bottom of the drawer to the sides and front. I 'm dovetailing the pieces together and don't want the dado grove to show any help or pics on how to do this would be great.
Thanks fstrange

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi: If you dove tail the drawers, the tail goes on the sides. I cut a 1/4" dato about 5/16th" from the bottom of the drawer sides, fronts and backs. they usually come out in the dovetail, and can't be seen from the sides. You could see them from the front and back but I overlay the drawer front onto the drawer box so it's not seen, and the back of the drawer no one sees anyhow. Hope this helps... Woodnut65

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys'; Thanks for the info I cut the dove tails first then cut the grooves, on the front and back pieces I stopped just short of the dove tails and cut it out square with a knife to get the corners square and all the way through on the side ones. That seems to work real well cause the wood is popular and is soft no tear out. They look good.( Good enough for goverment work anyhow.) Thanks again.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.