Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the KISS/MISS way..
Rocket Console...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Where's the numbers and letters? Boy would I be screwed with that one.

HJ

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
That's awesome. Reminds me of the blank key typewriters we has in typing class long ago. Couldn't cheat and peek!
And I thought that I was the only one here that took typing in school! I don't think that they even teach touch typing anymore.

It appears that index fingers have been elevated to the same plane as opposable thumbs.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I get the same results w/ or w/o letters and numbers...

@Cricket

What are the chances that auto correct could be incorporated into the reply box programing...that would be good for a few more laughs!:wink:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Cricket

What are the chances that auto correct could be incorporated into the reply box programing...that would be good for a few more laughs!:wink:
at the least...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm looking for the phone's 'Delete Caller' key...you know, the one that
permanently 'disappears' them...>:)
flush the phone...

pull the handle more than once... it's a long way to the coast...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Sometimes AutoCorrect can't determine what the heck I was attempting to type! :surprise::grin:

When I was in the 9th grade, I took typing...circa 1963! :grin:

We had about 30 typewriters in the classroom. All electric except for one. It was an all black manual Olivetti and the keys weren't labelled:surprise: :no:

Every day we rotated typewriters. Once a month, I would have a bad grade for the day!:frown::frown::frown:

It was smooth as silk to type on, but that didn't help me.

Attachments

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,785 Posts
We had about 30 typewriters in the classroom. All electric except for one. It was an all black manual Olivetti and the keys weren't labelled:surprise: :no:

We traded between Selectric II's and Royals. Mr. Kadosaki was very strict on "flying capitals", so our pinkies got a workout on those shift keys. Those carriages weighed a ton!

It wasn't my intent to take typing, but I had to transfer out of another class my Freshman year, and it was all that was open. It truly has served me well over the years.

Truth be told, the best part of that class was being the only male in a class full of upperclass qirls....

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
I think schools now teach keyboarding, but kids start pretty early on their own. I remember typing on a big old Royal. Never got very fast until I started working as a journalist. I replaced all my keyboards with smaller models that don't have a number pad because I never use the pad anyhow. One thing I can't understand is how anyone can get any work done without a mouse, using a touch pad?

Attachments

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
"One thing I can't understand is how anyone can get any work done without a mouse, using a touch pad?"
Amen, Tom!!!
I hate those idiotic touch pads.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
"One thing I can't understand is how anyone can get any work done without a mouse, using a touch pad?"
Amen, Tom!!!
I hate those idiotic touch pads.
$5 wireless mouse. I carry one in my LT bag. Touch pads drive me nuts...

Reactions: DesertRatTom
1 - 20 of 22 Posts