Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew of any sure-fire ways to NOT get burn marks in the curves of the peices I'm routering. I am tired of spending 30 minutes or so trying to hand sand out the burns, it's costing me $$$. PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tom,
I hope this helps but I've found two reasons for burn marks on routered wood. One is a dull bit and the other is not moving the material along fast enough past the bit.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll tryto move a bit faster. I have some wood splitting problems when I go too fast, but I'll try to find a happy medium. I just put a new bit on there as well, so hopefully I can get the hang of it.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi TomW,
You might try taking 2 passes if your work is splitting out. Usually if your router is up to speed, and you score your work with a lighter cut first, you won't have a splitting out problem. However, some woods are prone to splitting, especially if you are cutting against the grain.
Good Luck......Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.