Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks as though Triton's TGA150 accessory kit replaces the router base plate to provide a smaller opening to accept bushings.

Given the extortionate price for the Triton kit, can I just change out the base plate with any one that accepts a standard 1-1/4" bushing?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a plate, preferably pre-drilled?

Thanks

<Chas>

·
Registered
91 Posts
The official replacement for the TGA150 is the TGA250

Look if you can find the TGA001. I got mine for around 2/5th of the price of the TGA250 a year ago, so it should still be available from your agent

If you look at the following 3 "reference" links, you will see there isn't too much difference between the bunch (definitely not enough to justify multiplying the price by almost 3 to get to the price of the TGA250
Robot Check
Robot Check
Robot Check

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Another vote for making your own sub base. I have made a lot - probably 5 or 6 just last year. Usually I use 1/4" Lexan but acrylic, BB and other materials are fine too. Use 1 3/8" and 1 3/16" (1 1/4" works in a pinch) forstners to make the hole w/rabbet for the bushing. Oversize the mounting holes so you can center the bushing/base assembly on the router. There are numerous instructions for making them on this forum and the internet in general.

Once you get the hang of making sub bases, you'll find that it's really easy to make task specific jigs to ease almost any router job.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Hentie, one of the Robot links had what I needed. Thanks all for your suggestions

<Chas>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts