Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been making boxes and baskets - still. All of these will go to special people.

I tried a slightly different design. I made 8-sided baskets with 1" wide pieces in the corners, but without splines. I like the way the grain pattern just flows on around the basket. I made several others. The box with candy with it I made for my wife for our anniversary. I generally make a couple baskets or boxes each day.

Malcolm / Kentucky / USA

Attachments

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,065 Posts
Very nice Malcolm.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I say this every time there are boxes posted.....I really need to make some boxes for my grand kids. They range from 8 to 16 and would enjoy their own home made boxes to store their small treasures. Where is that book........Great job as always Malcolm.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Malcolm, Do you use birdsmouth router bits for the corners on the baskets?

·
Premium Member
20,498 Posts
Malcolm, those are really nice. Filling the boxes with candy, chocolates, little treasures makes a great present for a kid or adult. I realy like the knobs for handles.

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Beautiful boxes as always and nice pictures to show them off.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Well done beautiful done

·
Registered
185 Posts
Very nice boxes. The design in pictures 3 and 4 can be easily morphed into a tissue box. For this application, there is no bottom and the top will have a slot to extract the tissue. I probably have made 6-8 of these tissue boxes. The joinery was typically different on each box. It was a good opportunity to experiment with joinery.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts