Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making a couple of cabinets and need a router bit for the hinges. I want to use the same kind of hinges to match my old cabinets and I'll need to have a router bit.
This image is the kind of hinge and bit I think I need. Also, is there an easy jig I can get to go with this kind of bit? If so, what do you recommend?

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
got part numbers???

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
bigger pictures???

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No information yet, I'll have to check that out. And that picture was just from Google Images of the style of hinge I have on the existing cabinets.
I'll work on it.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
link me...

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
up spiral cutter for the cut in a plunge based trim router...
you are making a small mortise that wants straight walls and not radiused...
make a clamp on stop which is nothing more than piece of ply cut to look like a ''U'' w/ the legs far enough apart to accommodate the router and length of cut...
add a leg to the ''U'' to form a ''T'' to facilitate better clamping and if you add a gusset for strength and stability to it you'll be ahead in the game..

the cut out for the stop...
make the throat a lot smaller.. and while you are at, make it a slot and not an open throat..
use a guide bushing on your router and let the router ride on top of the stop... now the router will be less likely to ''rock/tip'' as you cut...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
this what you want???

Attachments

Reactions: Danman1957

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
up spiral cutter for the cut in a plunge based trim router...
you are making a small mortise that wants straight walls and not radiused...
make a clamp on stop which is nothing more than piece of ply cut to look like a ''U'' w/ the legs far enough apart to accommodate the router and length of cut...
add a leg to the ''U'' to form a ''T'' to facilitate better clamping and if you add a gusset for strength and stability to it you'll be ahead in the game..

the cut out for the stop...
make the throat a lot smaller.. and while you are at, make it a slot and not an open throat..
use a guide bushing on your router and let the router ride on top of the stop... now the router will be less likely to ''rock/tip'' as you cut...

Thanks! It will be a while before I get to the stage in my project before I'm actually cutting, I'm just getting ready.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts