Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to finishing up my saw station. I moved this to the end for better access then added some slides to bring it out passed the RAS fence. Do not use it as much as when I was building a lot of cabinets but still love having it easy to use. I added a port to my DC system but ended up not hooking it up because with the slides it just does not work like I wanted. Really not that much dust to deal with anyway. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
How do you like the Foreman? Caught my eye a while ago -- but the accounting dept nixed it!! Darn bean counters.

Reactions: fire65

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do you like the Foreman? Caught my eye a while ago -- but the accounting dept nixed it!! Darn bean counters.
I love it. I used to build lots of cabinets and had the original but sold it with my shop. So I spent the money and replaced it with this one. Really no gripes about it, it does what it does well. I do have the Kreg 4 and drilled many thousands of holes with it, I just like things I do not have set up if possible, getting lazy.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
Fantastic job Clay ,I’d love to be that organized . Pretty cool idea with the slides too

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
major top shelf... SWEET!!!

Reactions: fire65

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
You did a great job. Nice to be organised and have things where you can find them.
The one thing I did notice was, Elec. Code here requires 3' clear of any obstruction around Elect. panel which includes in front of.
Just saying.
Herb
Mine is in a closet. I think the house was built in the 70's.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Finally got around to finishing up my saw station. I moved this to the end for better access then added some slides to bring it out passed the RAS fence. Do not use it as much as when I was building a lot of cabinets but still love having it easy to use. I added a port to my DC system but ended up not hooking it up because with the slides it just does not work like I wanted. Really not that much dust to deal with anyway. Thanks for looking.

Clay, you put a lot of work into your saw station and it has paid off.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You did a great job. Nice to be organised and have things where you can find them.
The one thing I did notice was, Elec. Code here requires 3' clear of any obstruction around Elect. panel which includes in front of.
Just saying.
Herb
I love living on the edge. I have actually never heard that code and been in construction for many years. My whole shop is covered in OSB and passed inspection, guess our codes are different

·
Registered
8,956 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Just saying.
Herb
same here...
and OSB'd walls in a shop require fire rock over it per inspector and insurance...

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Clay, I like the way you put all the table tops, Chop saw,RA saw, and Kreg jig all the same height. That makes a real compact set up. Your shop is a lot cleaner than mine too. That RA saw looks just like mine. It is my go to saw for cross cutting.
Herb

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Clay, I like the way you put all the table tops, Chop saw,RA saw, and Kreg jig all the same height. That makes a real compact set up. Your shop is a lot cleaner than mine too. That RA saw looks just like mine. It is my go to saw for cross cutting.
Herb
Thanks, it worked out great. I really was not sure when I built exactly where I wanted the tools so I built modular. Base is the same height so the tools can be moved around on it. Pretty sure all is set permanently now.

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,545 Posts
I really want osb on my walls also , but have heard there’s no fire guard that way, and it may void insurance. I’m in Canada,so maybe are laws are different.
I wonder if there’s a fire rated osb for such installs . I hate drywall personally.

Also if it’s an attached garage, I read you need to only put up drywall on the wall which is against the house .
So I’m wondering if a detached garage is different?

Clay , weren't you a fire fighter ? If anyone one would know, you would

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
I really want osb on my walls also , but have heard there’s no fire guard that way, and it may void insurance. I’m in Canada,so maybe are laws are different.
I wonder if there’s a fire rated osb for such installs . I hate drywall personally.

Also if it’s an attached garage, I read you need to only put up drywall on the wall which is against the house .
So I’m wondering if a detached garage is different?

Clay , weren't you a fire fighter ? If anyone one would know, you would
I have read that it is OK if shop is not attached to house. If attached it must have 5/8 gyp bd on any walls separating house from shop.
If there are living quarters above then gyp bd. is required on ceiling and walls below.
Herb

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.