Router Forums banner

Can anyone recommend a router lift?

15K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  B-Dawg 
I bought the RA1181 table and used the Bosch 1617EVKS plunge router inverted under the table as a lift with enormous difficulty - so, I went with the Jessem Rout-R-Lift II which supports Bosch, Porter-Cable and some other 3.5" motor sizes. Works great! Easy to install/remove the router if you need to (I don't cuz I bought the upper end Colt hand router).

Had to trim 1/16"off each side of the Jessem's phenolic base to fit the Bosch table - and used the Bosch leveling hardware, drilled new corner locations for the Jessem holes to snug it down. If you're handy with tools this isn't a big challenge. If you aren't, find someone who is as this is an easy retrofit overall.
Hey there. I have the RA1181 table as well and just purchased the JessEm lift. A couple of questions for you if you don’t mind..... what method/tool did you use to trim down the phenolic base? Table saw, router....? Did you fill any of the current holes with epoxy before you re-drilled them? The picture you enclosed looks very clean so I’m looking to do the same with my retrofit.
Thanks in advance....
B-Dawg

Hey there. I have the RA1181 table as well and just purchased the JessEm lift. A couple of questions for you if you don’t mind..... what method/tool did you use to trim down the phenolic base? Table saw, router....? Did you fill any of the current holes with epoxy before you re-drilled them? The picture you enclosed looks very clean so I’m looking to do the same with my retrofit.
Thanks in advance....
B-Dawg
Used my table saw to trim it. Came out as I expected.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.