Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,311 Posts
We use ours inside our two-car garage, Jeff, with virtually no dust around the unit. When we had the 5 micron bag filter I had to clean the mini-split filters at least once and sometimes twice each week and I had to keep the door closed to the house (attached garage). Now I clean the filters to the mini-split every 3-4 weeks and the door to the house stays open.

David

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
yes...
when you clean your filter don't clean ''clean'' it ..
make it catch finer dust..
also...
the filter HAS to fit...

·
Registered
22,014 Posts
To get the best results, you should use a chip separator before the DC unit. After that, almost nothing gets all the way to the filter and really, nothing gets into your shop air. Rockler makes the chip collector fittings in the picture. It really does a nice job, although the Super Dust Deputy is even more effective, but it costs more. The fiber drum in the picture is from ULine, but you could use a trash can, but it really has to seal well. I cut the holes in the metal top with a metal cutting blade in a jig saw. The fiber drum has a locking lit, but a metal trash can will need some sealing up to stop the leaks. Pictures won't load, will post them in the next post...

·
Registered
22,014 Posts
OK, lthe pictures just won't load. Here are links instead. The Rockler setup is a kit of the plastic fittings and the flex hose, which is separate. Do not try to mix different brands of hose and fittings. 4 inches is NOT 4 inches, every brand is different, not interchangeable. I have two units, my garage unit still has the bag, but I can roll it outside until I can get another drum filter. As stick mentioned, don't over clean the filter.

https://www.oneida-air.com/dust-dep...s/super-dust-deputy-4-inch-deluxe-cyclone-kit

https://www.rockler.com/power-tools/dust-collection/dust-cyclones-and-separators. The drum is separate, the hardware is about $30.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.