Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The shelves and bracket supports, as well as the joints between them, were all CNC cut. I needed some place to display a growing collection of foxes, and this odd corner next to my front door was an otherwise unused space. Light switches and a floor vent had to be worked around. The vertical board is a spare panel from a larger shelving system I have set up in my dining room. I've documented the project and the parts HERE. Comments and questions appreciated!
Cabinetry Shelf Drawer Wood Art

4D

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The shelves and bracket supports, as well as the joints between them, were all CNC cut. I needed some place to display a growing collection of foxes, and this odd corner next to my front door was an otherwise unused space. Light switches and a floor vent had to be worked around. The vertical board is a spare panel from a larger shelving system I have set up in my dining room. I've documented the project and the parts HERE. Comments and questions appreciated!
View attachment 402064
4D
Has anyone been bitten turning on the lights? Looks good 4D! Thanks for linking the build, good job.

·
Official Greeter
19,988 Posts
Great little project…

Reactions: 4DThinker

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
... even nicer with all the decorations on it. :)
That was one of the "properties" I usually taught my furniture design students when they made shelving or case goods or table projects. The design alone isn't all you should consider. What will rest on the shelves or the desktop or table becomes the aesthetic key that completes the visual composition. TV stands shouldn't be envisioned without adding a TV to the composition. Cable management/routing can spoil a clean aesthetic if ignored or done poorly.
4D

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Tom. The collection of foxes was accidental. A by-product of a romantic gesture I came up with when I married my second wife. A fable I created about the Valentine Fox. As Easter has a Rabbit to hide some eggs to find, and Christmas has a Claus to sneak in with gifts, I felt valentine's day could use a character to justify some mischievousness. In the very early hours of Valentine's morning a sneaky fox hides wrapped chocolate covered mints about the house. In coffee cups and coat pockets and a shoe or two. All over the house the mints are hid to be found over time. To prolong the smiles you get when finding one. It was clearly a sneaky fox that had hidden the candies. When my wife and I were out and about and came across a fox for sale she would ask me if that fox might be a valentine's fox. I proclaimed that any fox could be a valentine fox so she started buying any fox she came upon. I kind of thought the foxes were her collection, but she didn't take them when she moved out. That's when they became my accidental collection.
4D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts