Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
My name is Mike and I'm new to the forum. Unfortunately my first post will be one asking for help. I just received my Carve Wright “C”. I watched the instruction video, checked head pressure (which is at 88.1 lbs). I made a quick test carve in the software and set out to give it a run. It went thru a series of tests and started carving. The machine made it to 1% complete and gave me a “Y” axis stall E05-0303 error. I pulled the board out of the machine and cleaned it with an air compressor (keep in mind it is brand new) and tried it again. I received many more errors over the next hour of trying to get the machine to carve. The errors are as follows.
“Y” axis stall E05-0303 error
“X” axis stall E06-0303 error
Please load board (the board was loaded)
Check tracking roller
Check for board problem
Check back roller

Before I purchased the Carve Wright I spent time reading about the issues, most seemed to be “user” errors and I’m sure most of these are “user” errors. I appreciate any and all comments on these issues.

Thank you
Mike

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It's probably a silly question, but you did remove all the shipping restraints? Otherwise, if you have followed all the instructions in the manual, I'd call Carveright, from what I here, they have good customer support.

·
Official Greeter
19,744 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Mike.

That is unusual straight out of the box.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hi All,
My name is Mike and I'm new to the forum. Unfortunately my first post will be one asking for help. I just received my Carve Wright “C”. I watched the instruction video, checked head pressure (which is at 88.1 lbs). I made a quick test carve in the software and set out to give it a run. It went thru a series of tests and started carving. The machine made it to 1% complete and gave me a “Y” axis stall E05-0303 error. I pulled the board out of the machine and cleaned it with an air compressor (keep in mind it is brand new) and tried it again. I received many more errors over the next hour of trying to get the machine to carve. The errors are as follows.
“Y” axis stall E05-0303 error
“X” axis stall E06-0303 error
Please load board (the board was loaded)
Check tracking roller
Check for board problem
Check back roller

Before I purchased the Carve Wright I spent time reading about the issues, most seemed to be “user” errors and I’m sure most of these are “user” errors. I appreciate any and all comments on these issues.

Thank you
Mike
Mike,

Sounds like it was not a good start for you out of the box. Like others have posted get signed up on the CW forum and post your questions there also.

Along with the error messages we should also need to know what part of the process was the machine at, what bit was you using, was your board under the rollers (7" rule) and was it a nice flat surface with square edges, what carve quality did you use when uploading to the card and etc.

Load board message/check for board/back roller - one of the roller switches (located on the end of the compression rollers @ the key board side that press down on the top surface of the board) is not making contact. From the main menu go to the user options/sensor checks(0,7) a cycle through to the "compression roller" to view if they are compressed.

Check tracking roller - the board has lost contact with the brass roller (keyboard side)

This is the link to the trouble shooting section on the CW site Troubleshooting | CarveWright

Hope to see you over on the CW forum...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Did you put blue tape along the bottom edge of the board where it comes in contact with the tracking (brass wheel w/ "O" ring) wheel? Creates better tracking contact. Please contact CW w/ question, they have a great customer service dept. The "C" machines have a really good success record. Also, think about an updraft dust collection system such as the one Ringneck Blues sells. It's the best, sold through and listed on the CW home page. I have an "A" type machine that was sent in over two years ago for the "C" upgrade and it still works flawlessly. Enjoy your new machine.

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Mike, I sent a message to Connie and she will answer here. My guess is a phone call is in order.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mike, I sent a message to Connie and she will answer here. My guess is a phone call is in order.
Thanks for the heads up, Mike M.

Hi Mike (BuddyLove9):

Absolutely, call us for assistance to get you going.

One of the things about the CW is that it is a servo motor, which means it has a "looped intelligence" where it will tell you via the keypad when it sees an issue. Y axis stall means something has stopped it from its progress in the Y direction. Likewise, X & Z direction messages point you to the source of the cause.

There are several things to know about the system, such as mentioned, 7" rule, proper preparation of your board, checking of head pressure (especially important after being shipped) and tricks that will help you have a better experience.

The stuck roller issue is a common one after shipment of the machine. We have great videos under SUPPORT > MAINTENANCE ... Check Head Pressure; Blow out Compression Roller; etc.

As I said, call us, but also join the CarveWright community forum and we will help you get it figured out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all just wanted to give a update on what is going on with the Carve Wright. I'm shipping the cut motor back to Carve Wright. I have talked with the company support so far they have been really good. I hope we have this figured out. I'll post an update when i hear back from Carve Wright

Thanks again
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.