Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the finished bear and salmon door ready to hang. This will be a barn door slider installation. One more picture once it is installed.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Really nice let see a picture when done and hung

Reactions: honesttjohn

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,358 Posts
That looks beautiful Scott.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
above my pay grade...
I like all of it.. craftsmanship amd theme...

Reactions: Herb Stoops

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
thinking that would fit right in with the Stick decor......

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
thinking that would fit right in with the Stick decor......
I can see every door side having it's own theme like that...
gotta get mountain lions, elk, wolves and more fish in the menu...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wish I had the talent to carve and was more artistic. I can't even draw a straight line with a ruler! Beautiful work, will provide a really unique entrance and add much character to the building. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Another kudos project, Scott!! You use clipart for the bear and salmon from Aspire or do it all from drawings??

HJ

Gonna start a Scottart fan club I think

Reactions: Scottart

·
Registered
198 Posts
Fantastic work Scott!! That's the type of work I'm interested in when I complete my cnc build. Hope I can be half as good at it!!!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Another kudos project, Scott!! You use clipart for the bear and salmon from Aspire or do it all from drawings??

HJ

Gonna start a Scottart fan club I think
the only thing on this piece that comes from Clip art is the spruce trees. everything else is custom made up in Aspire. The Bear and salmon are repeats that I use often and the mountains, foreground, rocks, grass, etc are one offs in Aspire for this composition.

attached is a picture of the door hung in our Gallery. It is mounted over a closet opening that is untrimmed, we just have it up as a demo piece to hopefully take orders off.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Scott,

You ever use a block of Corafoam, by Duna???

HJ

Gonna try it if I can find some.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Wow...fantastic work...very impressive... Best success with sales...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
From what I understand, it's an advanced urathane. Instead of dust, it makes little chips. The pros over at Signs101.com seem to love it. It was originally developed for another industry (oil I think), but sign makers and carvers picked up on it. I've been in contact with the sales rep from US headquarters in Texas. If I can't find any around Detroit, they said they would send me a sample. It's supposed to cut and carve easy and paint like a dream. Synthetic wood with no knots, I guess.

HJ

Will keep you posted on any progress

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
From what I understand, it's an advanced urathane. Instead of dust, it makes little chips. The pros over at Signs101.com seem to love it. It was originally developed for another industry (oil I think), but sign makers and carvers picked up on it. I've been in contact with the sales rep from US headquarters in Texas. If I can't find any around Detroit, they said they would send me a sample. It's supposed to cut and carve easy and paint like a dream. Synthetic wood with no knots, I guess.

HJ

Will keep you posted on any progress
sweet, I live in the oil patch so will see what I can find up here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts