Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am up and running again and wanted to show a few jobs I ran on my new MillRight MegaV. The train carve is on my work table right now.
ht MegaV.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I will be doing a lot of 3d carves because I have plenty of signs and plaques.

I have an Indian carve running while I finish the train.

I try to carve 1 a day to keep things moving.

I have plenty of wood that needs used up. :)

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Really nice outcomes . I know you’ve had a long journey to get to this point , and I’m happy to see you’ve made it . :)
To think I have to do the same someday

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Karen, It looks like you have the new machine figured out.

I like the glaze job you did on the Napkin Holder and Bear and really like the paint job on the Welcome Sign. Adding that little bit of color helps make is a great sign instead of just a sign.

The heavy scroll work on the Railroad sign kind of over powers the train engine and coal tender, I think I would try to get less detail in the frame elements and more detail into to the train if you try carving it again. Of course that is just my opinion and when it is finished I might think different.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,336 Posts
Brilliant.

Reactions: kcortese12

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Wow! Very nice...I would like to get into a CNC one day. Which bed size does your machine have?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts

·
Registered
Paul
1,861 Posts
All are nice, Karen, but I love the napkin holder and the subtle colours that you've used in some.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really nice outcomes . I know you’ve had a long journey to get to this point , and I’m happy to see you’ve made it . :)
To think I have to do the same someday
Thanks for the inspiration, I am still learning. This new CNC is fantastic I can do so much more with it and best part is, it's made in the good ole USA.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,336 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the train finished and hanging. It is a Christmas present for my brother. I dry brushed some Testers bronze on there but can't see it on the pic. It has a slight shine to some of it.

Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All are nice, Karen, but I love the napkin holder and the subtle colours that you've used in some.
When I use good wood, I like to use it's natural grain. With a carve, I apply watered down Acrylic as a stain and even sand it a little to let more grain through. If it was a sign, I would use more opaque solid color.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow! Very nice...I would like to get into a CNC one day. Which bed size does your machine have?
The working area is 35" x 35". I can now run some nice sized jobs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fantastic stuff!! I recognized the napkin holder, because I'm planning to make one myself. The others are new to me and they look great. For the napkin holder, what kind of wood did you use? Thanks.
1" thick Oak, the downloaded file is for .75 thick. I cut out the hands, measure the bottom width and adjust the base pocket to match for a good fit. When you open the downloaded job from Vectric, you have to make changes to wood thickness and recalculate the tool paths.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Karen, It looks like you have the new machine figured out.

I like the glaze job you did on the Napkin Holder and Bear and really like the paint job on the Welcome Sign. Adding that little bit of color helps make is a great sign instead of just a sign.

The heavy scroll work on the Railroad sign kind of over powers the train engine and coal tender, I think I would try to get less detail in the frame elements and more detail into to the train if you try carving it again. Of course that is just my opinion and when it is finished I might think different.
I like the scroll work. This file was in a large bundle that I purchased I did not create it. But I guess I could learn some modeling software for alterations and improvements on downloaded models. This is something I was thinking about learning.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts