Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm new on the forum, I just bought a Benchdog ProTop Contractor table and a Porter Cable 892, a set of bushings and a Jasper insert with bushing sized ring. I set everything up and to my dismay I found the bushing isn't centered. I assumed the rings and screw holes would have been machined accurately and the alignment would be perfect. :( Will I need to elongate the screw holes that attach the router or is there a better way?

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,960 Posts
sometimes my plate will shift as I tighten the screws down. I get around this by tightening the screws with the centering pin and guide chucked up in the router.

you might be able to just give your baseplate a "tap" and shift it enough to center things up.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
banjopicks said:
Hi everybody. I'm new on the forum, I just bought a Benchdog ProTop Contractor table and a Porter Cable 892, a set of bushings and a Jasper insert with bushing sized ring. I set everything up and to my dismay I found the bushing isn't centered. I assumed the rings and screw holes would have been machined accurately and the alignment would be perfect. :( Will I need to elongate the screw holes that attach the router or is there a better way?
Hi,

Let me understand what problem you are having.... you purchased a router and then attached it to a jasper mounting plate, the mounting plate was designed for the router and you followed the instuctions to mount it but the router is not centered to the mounting plate... right?

Before you start doing any modifications...

When you do as was suggested on a previous post using the centering jig did that fix it?

If not it could be that the part is defective, a call to the Jasper people should be the next step if things are still wrong. You paid for it to be done right so don't mess with it as then you will not be able to return it... or it could be they have a trick or two that might help out.

If you are determined to make modifications I can give you some hints on what to do but first check with them.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.