Router Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone here can help. I have a Craftsman Model 315.275000 2hp router - it has interchangeable collets: 1/4" and 1/2". I have operated with the 1/4" collet for years and just now want to change to the 1/2 as I am looking to do some panel raising. Problem is the Phillips screw attaching the collet to the motor shaft is rounded over and I can't get it out. Am I stuck with this as a 1/4' router forever? I know it is a left hand thread. Have tried lubricant, tapping, etc, but am now afraid the screw head is fairly messed up

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
KD Tools (KDT1140) 3/8in. Impact Driver Set with Impact Bits

Lisle 29200 3/8 in Square Drive Hand Impact Tool Set

========

I am hoping someone here can help. I have a Craftsman Model 315.275000 2hp router - it has interchangeable collets: 1/4" and 1/2". I have operated with the 1/4" collet for years and just now want to change to the 1/2 as I am looking to do some panel raising. Problem is the Phillips screw attaching the collet to the motor shaft is rounded over and I can't get it out. Am I stuck with this as a 1/4' router forever? I know it is a left hand thread. Have tried lubricant, tapping, etc, but am now afraid the screw head is fairly messed up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts