Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a bit of a problem finding where and how to change my email address in my profile ( Cricket did it for me). My problem is that now the updates go to my new address but the daily forums still goes to the old address.
Can anyone help with getting this changed so I can close the old address and still receive my daily dose of the forum?
And Happy New Years to all of you out there. I wanted to wait for the holidays to be finished to post this since I knew everyone was busy with their own problems and projects.

Thanks
David (bushwhacker)

·
Super Moderator
John
6,834 Posts
David
You may need to have Cricket help you with this also

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I bothered her through out the holidays but she was unable to fix the problem either.
My Forum is still stuck back in my old Yahoo. The Updates, are coming into my G Mail just fine.

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
The daily updates you are referring to don't come from RouterForums.com (which is why I don't have the power to fix it) they are coming through Google Feedburner so the change would have to happen there.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Cricket. Hope you had a great New Years.
So, how do we fix this?

·
Super Moderator
John
6,834 Posts
I think is Crickets trying to tell that you need to change email thru google

·
Super Moderator
John
6,834 Posts
David i think that what you need just open your acct with google and replace with your new email address i personally do not use them but that what try

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Normally I feel that I am as smart as the average bear, but, I have no idea what you just told me.
I go to my Google account , but, they already have my email address, this is how i got on Google to start with.

Maybe I am not being clear in what I am attempting to do.
I have for years been with Yahoo.
Yahoo has cluttered everything up with junk and spam. I have over 400 spans a day, and they have tons of drop downs and
crap when I am attempting to use my email. Lately, the Yahoo site locks up and i am forced to reboot and start all over again.
I want to shut yahoo off and use my Gmail address, I have had one since I had my own business years ago but have not used it for a long time.
My daily forums go to yahoo, I changed my email address on the Forum to my Gmail account. The follow ups to comments that I happen to make on the forum, come to my Gmail. BUT,
My daily Router Forum still goes to Yahoo.
If I can't get it changed to my Gmail, I plan to shut my Router Forum account off, delete it completely, then sign back in as a new fellow, and see if Cricket can ship my old Posts to my new
account.
Tell me what you think.
This really shouldn't be that difficult.
Where is Stick when I need him. He knows everything. Smile
But really, man made this thing and man should be able to fix it.
Thanks for your help John

David

·
Super Moderator
John
6,834 Posts
David
Besides your normal google acct there is something called google feedburner that you have a sub scription to that send infomation from different feeds
( google - google feedburns and you can read how it works ) you need to open this up ( google feedburns) and remove the feed to router forums
Sorry can not help i read this on google

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
I cannot change your Google Feedburner subscription for you because I do not have access to it.

I may have a workaround for you though.

First, can you tell me which version (skin) of RouterForums.com that you see?

The newest version of the site looks like this.

new.png

The older (classic) version of the site looks like this.

classic.png

Which one of those are you using?

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Edit: Read post #14 before trying this.

I am going to give instructions for the old version of the site here.

If you are using the old version of the site, you can click on "feeds" in the navigation.

feeds.png

Once you click on that page the easiest option is to simply add your email address and click subscribe, then follow the instructions on the next window that pops up. (You can also choose just specific forum sections if you prefer.)

subscribe.png

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Edit: Read post #14 before trying this.

The newest version of the site no longer offers RSS feed subscriptions so, in order to access the old version of the site, you will need to scroll down to the lower left-hand corner (at the bottom). You will see a drop-down menu.

full.png

You will need to use the drop-down menu to select "Router Forums Classic".

change.png

Once you have completed that, you will be able to follow the instructions in the post previous to this one.

Once you are done with everything, simply change back to "Router Forums Full"

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
One other possible solution I found that may be easier if it works.

Go to this link and subscribe.
FeedBurner Email Subscription

I am not certain this option will work, but it is worth a try.
UPDATE: I tried this method and it DID work. Just make sure to enter the email address where you want the emails to go. It will also send you an email verification that you will need to complete.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Hi, David.
I had the same problem with Yahoo and Gmail.
I let it as they wanted. The forum on Yahoo and the updating with Gmail.
Best wishes and happy new year.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry Cricket, I was busy most of the day driving my old Army buddy around.
I had to open my Router Forum to see which one I used.
It is the top or the first one.
Sandra and I work on this last night until we were both disgusted with it, nothing seems to work.

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Sorry Cricket, I was busy most of the day driving my old Army buddy around.
I had to open my Router Forum to see which one I used.
It is the top or the first one.
Sandra and I work on this last night until we were both disgusted with it, nothing seems to work.
This is the method you need to use.

I have verified it works.

Go to this link and subscribe.
FeedBurner Email Subscription

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Once you do that, it will send you an email verification. Make you follow the instructions in that email to activate it.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Cricket. WE are headed to North Carolina for the birth of a grand son, and will not be back for a couple of weeks.
If we get settled down for a minute out there, Sandra will try it again.
Thanks for all your work and help.
We will beat this thing.
David

1 - 20 of 20 Posts