Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
This is my first post and I have not really been into wood working very long. With that said I will ask my first dum question.
I have a RYOBI A25RT02 router table and was wondering if I can up-grade to a better insert plate? The one that came with the table saggs and that makes it hard to level. Any help out there.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings William and welcome to the Router Forums. We are glad you have chosen to join us.

·
Registered
Mike
3,866 Posts
There is no problem changing the plate in your table. You can buy an undrilled plate and match dill the plate to fit your router. Look for a plate that has interchangeable inserts and will accept bushings. This will add versitily to your table.

You may have to enlarge the hole in your table to install the new plate but that will be easy to do. If the hole is too big for the new plate you may have to make the hole smaller and add some support for the new plate, just a little more work than enlarging a hole that is too small.

Hope this helps,
Mike

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
William, what are the measurements of your current mounting plate? Length x width x thickness please. It looks like you can use the Grizzly PT10432047 plate in this table. You may need to alter or replace the "guard" and mount for the power switch. The real purpose of the guards is to provide additional support and rigidity to the table. One solution would be to replace them with some aluminum angle available at any hardware store.

·
Registered
Mike
3,866 Posts
Another solution my be to bond an aluminum plate to the existing plate to give it strength, for make a new plate using the old one for a template. You can make the new one thicker and make it out of aluminum or other suitable material.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Don't know.. this one is different. Probably have to make your own or buy a replacement from Ryobi!
Hi Duane - check through this sticky, one of the members rebuilt one of those tables sometime ago and did a beautiful job
http://www.routerforums.com/table-mounted-routing/17212-wanted-pictures-your-router-table.html
I know, that's a pretty large sticky.
You're table looks to be MDF so I think you could cut it out for a different plate but would need to fill the points of the existing diamond hole. I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting any help out of Ryobi.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
The original is available for $11.47 + shipping, tax and all that.

Ryobi A25RT02 Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com

John does make an excellent point, you could redo the opening to match the plate of your choice. There are several threads on the forum with instructions for doing that. The Grizzly plate would be a good option if you choose to go that way!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Changing Plates in router table

Thanks Guy's, Seem's to me it might be better to just buy a better table. What do you think?

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
You always have the option of selling the Ryobi table or leave it set up for doing round over work. The Grizzly 10432 is the best bargin in router tables at $129 plus shipping.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts