Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 18 volt firestorm Black & decker drill that came originally with two 18v Ni-Cd batteries. I recently replaced them with compatible 18v Mi-MH batteries as they can be charged according to the battery supplier 200 more cycles and no memory issues.

My question is... can I leave one battery in the charger indefinitely so it is ready when needed, or is that a no no?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Electricity, charger, battery charging unattended.... for safety I do not do it. Whether phone, tooth brush, rechargeable batteries there is always the chance of being the one in a million of it catching fire. I believe someone on this forum had it happen to them this year and it toasted their shop. I'm sure many to most leave it on charge with out incident.

I found the Discussion about the fire Linked Here

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I think I will charge as necessary rather than leave the battery in the charger. It just seems safer.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I made a charging station. It allows me to charge things and walk away knowing I didn't "leave the iron on." It's just a box with outlets, a timer switch and light power indicator light. I liked it so much I made another with prettier LED's and individual switches.

The second one has a power on indicator, an indicator showing when the timer is on [as if you couldn't hear the ticking], a switch from the timer to each of the three outlets and a light for each of the the three outlets showing which ones are on.

·
Banned
WoodWorking
1 Posts
I have an 18 volt firestorm Black & decker drill that came originally with two 18v Ni-Cd batteries. I recently replaced them with compatible 18v Mi-MH batteries as they can be charged according to the battery supplier 200 more cycles and no memory issues.

My question is... can I leave one battery in the charger indefinitely so it is ready when needed, or is that a no no?
possibility to lost battery capacity!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts