Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that some one has thought about it some time ago. But did you do it as cheap as I have done? Total cost was $.4.15 USD. That was for the double-sided carpet tape I bought.
On The out side of my fence, I attached a 1/16th inch of plastic, with the carpet tape I bought. Now I have a jointer. Used a streight bit that I already have. Ofcourse it only works on boards 1 inch or less thick.
Bud

·
Registered
113 Posts
The way I made my "jointer fence" was with a leftover piece of 3/4" plywood. I cut it to be about 2" longer than my table (and about 4" wide), making sure that I had a factory edge on it. Then I plunged a hole in it with the spiral bit I intended on using for jointing on the factory edge. I set up the table saw to rip a skim (about a sixteenth) along the edge just to the point where I had put the hole. The radius of the saw blade prohibited me from totally completing the cut, but a couple of tender strokes with a plane, and it was ready to go. I simply clamp it to the table. I marked "infeed side" on the section that I had skimmed, just to avoid any confusion. My cost: a scrap of Ply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.