Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Nice. Wonder how long it took to find the wood.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
No doubt very different but I can't get over the chain link over the windows..........maybe it drove them crazy. On another note they are in what looks like a multiple story building so how in the world do you get that up there? Most natural edge slab tables I've seen are a single piece. Curious minds want to know.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess they roughed that out with a four foot chainsaw. ;)
somebody felled the tree and saw a rotted out core..
somebody else saw a table...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Retired Moderator
16,386 Posts
The general color and the pocket rots in it and the type of heart rot remind me of western red cedar. As a logger and faller I cut 1000s of these. As a log scaler I scaled a few thousand.The gray overcast skies and the mountain in the background remind me of the pacific northwest where cedar grows.

Steve I wonder if the chain link is to prevent bird strikes against the windows?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Talk about a perfect waterfall edge! Beautiful. Thanks Stick.

Reactions: Stick486

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
No doubt very different but I can't get over the chain link over the windows..........maybe it drove them crazy. On another note they are in what looks like a multiple story building so how in the world do you get that up there? Most natural edge slab tables I've seen are a single piece. Curious minds want to know.
Maybe the chain link is a roll-up curtain type thingy. Sorta hard to discern.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
The general color and the pocket rots in it and the type of heart rot remind me of western red cedar. As a logger and faller I cut 1000s of these. As a log scaler I scaled a few thousand.The gray overcast skies and the mountain in the background remind me of the pacific northwest where cedar grows.

Steve I wonder if the chain link is to prevent bird strikes against the windows?
When I blow up the picture, it looks like palm trees in the park below. Must be a tropical wood. I agree it does look like cedar that the termites got into.
Herb

·
Retired Moderator
16,386 Posts
Maybe Herb, the picture is just too grainy to be sure if it's that or the way someone pruned them. If Phil is right that's what I thought when I saw it. The hill in the background reminds of the one by Chilliwack, BC just don't remember any apartment buildings in Chilliwack that look like that. Maybe closer to Vancouver in Abbotsford. Dan is much closer than I am. If it's down there he might recognize it. Anyway it's very creative and I'll bet it's worth a fair bit too.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Cut shorter that would make a Helluva nice desk. I had a large oak go down years ago, in a hurricane. Rotted center, and not as big around, but put a riser on each end and would have made a nice table, or better yet a desk.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I'd say they brought it up in a freight lift or man-handled it up a stairwell.
It's not too long, only a 6-seater. My desk here at home is 1800mm long and could seat 6 about nearly the same as that table looks to, so I'd imagine it's not a lot more than 2m long.

Perhaps the fencing on the window is to stop people jumping out?

·
Registered
17,387 Posts
Cut shorter that would make a Helluva nice desk. I had a large oak go down years ago, in a hurricane. Rotted center, and not as big around, but put a riser on each end and would have made a nice table, or better yet a desk.
Sacrilege comes to mind

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Something to go along w/ the table

this looks easily doable...

Attachments

Reactions: TenGees
1 - 20 of 24 Posts