Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some wood from a barn that was being torn down, some cherry and some wood the barn owner told me was black walnut, but I am not so sure. When I got it cleaned up it looked more like oak to me. It's VERY heavy wood.
The pictures are before and after cleanup. I have to resaw most of the boards as they are 2+ inches thick. Good thing I bought that big old bandsaw. :D The wood was all free and there is more to be had but I don't have much room for storage. I think I got all the cherry though, 6 planks that were being used for a stall partition.:p
I also got some old doors that I think are just pine but again not sure. I doubt the pictures will help much in identifying it but thought I'd give it a shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Deb

Some people are just luicky :) nice haul,,,it's going to make some nice projects,use the chart below it may help find out what it is..

========

I got some wood from a barn that was being torn down, some cherry and some wood the barn owner told me was black walnut, but I am not so sure. When I got it cleaned up it looked more like oak to me. It's VERY heavy wood.
The pictures are before and after cleanup. I have to resaw most of the boards as they are 2+ inches thick. Good thing I bought that big old bandsaw. :D The wood was all free and there is more to be had but I don't have much room for storage. I think I got all the cherry though, 6 planks that were being used for a stall partition.:p
I also got some old doors that I think are just pine but again not sure. I doubt the pictures will help much in identifying it but thought I'd give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BJ I checked out your link and some of the info Keith posted and I am now leaning toward it probably being Ash. Still I am not complaining! Free lumber is ALWAYS nice :)

·
Retired Moderator
5,688 Posts
Nice stash Deb.... I can see all kinds of future projects just waiting to happen. :yes4:

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Nice Deb, is all I can say. I envy your find of free wood.

·
Registered
14,846 Posts
"Nice Deb, is all I can say. I envy your find of free wood."

It sure is a nice haul Deb, but Dave, if I could arrange for a similar haul to be dropped off at YOUR place, will you promise to start making things, anythings!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts