Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,866 Posts
Check Mate Bill!

Very nice From top to bottom, your friend is lucky. Love the Walnut Burl and all of the techniques you used. I just noticed that you used different wood for each set of drawer dividers, nice touch. Personal preference for me would have been the burgandy colored (Cardinal?) Flock but still a very nice quality project.

· Registered
1,866 Posts
:) Thank you Mike!!! high praise indeed coming from you. :) Especially considering the many, many beautiful projects that fill this forum.

Hours? wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to many *L*. If I had to guess I'd say well over 100. ........ Actually worked with 2 different techniques. One was just using good ole sandpaper and wet sanding up to 12000 grit and the other was using an orbital sander and premium grade automotive finishes. :)

life is good!

bill
Now I know it tould take me over 600 hours before I quit! :laugh: Curious on the sanding, how big of a difference between a low grit 220 and the grit you used and was it worth the time and effort?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.