Router Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my name out there to design 3 D models for folks...… crazy starts after that...

I am not a great fan of Horror movies, but ran into a nice fellow who is. Sent me pictures of his collection..... He currently would like to add a Freddy Krueger piece... a wall hanging of his chest....

so for you that are scared.... don't go further. here is s quick look at a few points along the design path of this 24 x 36" wall hanging.
First image is the picture he sent me.

2nd image is a progress pict I sent him to confirm what he was after.

3rd image is the 90 % design. This is where he confirmed how big he wanted it and that the design was solid.

A bit more clean up, than carve, paint, ship to western Pa.

For your horror pleasure.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
...amazing work...!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Faces are the hardest things to get to look “right”. And you did five. Great artistry. Will this just be carved, or painted as well?
carved and painted is the plan...

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Is this the reverse of “you get what you pay for” as in “you get what you advertise for”?��

Seriously good work Scott, one can only wonder what the next request might bring.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this the reverse of “you get what you pay for” as in “you get what you advertise for”?��

Seriously good work Scott, one can only wonder what the next request might bring.
Yes, I think so... . a number of interesting inquiries have come in.... this is the best so far.

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Good job sculpting that model Scott. I'm interested in seeing it carved and what it will look like painted.

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
More impressive work Scott.
About how many hours do you have in that (just the modeling)??
The nice thing is , once Scott has the finished vector , he may have more inquiries for it .
Could be a good gig .
I suspect people at Sideshow Freaks would probably show interest .
That’s where I met the people to get the suggestions to build my T-800.
The guy who made the bust does it for a living . Who knew

Now if I just had a scanner and a 5 axis cnc

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The nice thing is , once Scott has the finished vector , he may have more inquiries for it .
Could be a good gig .
I suspect people at Sideshow Freaks would probably show interest .
That’s where I met the people to get the suggestions to build my T-800.
The guy who made the bust does it for a living . Who knew

Now if I just had a scanner and a 5 axis cnc
IS THAT YOUR T800 model? did you build that?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
More impressive work Scott.
About how many hours do you have in that (just the modeling)??
I think I have a couple hours in to modeling at this point, probably one more hour to add a few thinks and clean it up in detail. than Carving next week.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.