Router Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New York State lockdown gave me opportunity to stay home and lock myself in my workshop. I started this cherry and mahogany chest project about a year ago, finally finished. The upper chest and lower chest are not fastened together to make the chest easier to move.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Very sharp, agree with Dave good choice of wood

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Beautiful piece...wood choices are awesome...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
count me in as an echo to what the others said...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Outstanding work - like the mitered casing faces too. Beautiful results. Give us some production notes on the process you used.

·
Registered
8,956 Posts
Good job, that idea of making a 2 piece is fantastic, U could be used as a dresser or a chest at the foot of the bed.
Real nice color and wood grain.
Herb

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,050 Posts
Absolutely beautiful Aki.

·
Premium Member
20,480 Posts
Wow. What a beautiful piece of work. Thanks for posing it with the drawers out so we can see those elegant dovetails. I am kind of a sucker for Cherry and with mahogany, it will take on a red quality over time. That's a piece to hand down as a family treasure.

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Aki I don't normally like a boxy style in furniture but I love this. I think your choice of woods and joinery used are the reason I like this so much. Great idea leaving then as separate stacking units.

Add the feet to the upper unit and you would have a matching chest for the foot of the bed or maybe it could be the footboard of the bed.

·
Registered
Paul
2,009 Posts
It might have taken you a while to get around to finishing it... It's worth the wait!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts