Reactions: kp91

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
thanks Harry....

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Did anyone notice that they were hauling coal cars? Why are china's miners working when ours can't? oh thats right the paris agreement right? didn't china sign it too? just askin

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I agree with Ray. That's the worst looking track I've ever seen. By contrast, my dad was an engineer for the Louisville and Nashville railroad and usually either hauled coal or iron ore and had 5 pulling units with 5 drivers on each pulling unit of 600hp each and 160 loaded cars behind.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Holy smokes! Well, maybe not holy, but smokes :) Some contrast to the sci-fi maglev trains they have in Shanghai.

Was watching a documentary the other night about an old narrow-gauge diesel train carrying passengers (and goats!) between India and Nepal. It was better than that Chinese one, but not by much. The passengers all had to help heave it back onto the tracks when it derailed.

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why did the chickens cross the tracks???
Well Stan, I don't know for sure but I would hazard a guess that they might have wanted to reach the opposite side of the track!

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Lurching, steaming, ancient and ugly, a relic still in use for some odd reason. A culture of using things completely up. I wonder how often it derails? Once the center of gravity lurches past the rails, tipping over is inevitable. I notice no one stays withing the space where the cars would go in a derailment. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
Did anyone notice that they were hauling coal cars? Why are china's miners working when ours can't? oh thats right the paris agreement right? didn't china sign it too? just askin
Everyday we have trains that are 5 miles long,it seems of coal going through our town bound for port in Blellingham next to the Canadian border to be shipped to China from the coal mine they bought in the mid west USA. And these coal cars are twice the size as the ones shown in the video.

Herb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts