Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear Friends

A few weeks ago I finally got my new W1325CNC router from China. I am quite new to the woodworking with CNC machines, thus I would like to ask for an advice, since I just can not get it in to my head on how to set up multiple tools and parts correctly. My machine uses Syntec 6A controller, and machine is equipped with auto tool measuring system.

Pretty much I have a 6 magazine tool changer with tools of different length. First I set up the part that is a square and about 30mm by 30mm then i manually move work tool (T1) to the center of the part and set up y and x coordinates (Latch Coordinates) leaving Z at 0 in the offset -> Workpiece Corrdinates for G54(P1), second workpiece G54(P2) etc. Then I go to auto tool measure and do the cycle for every tool (MDI mode F5) -> after that I check if tools are measured correctly (double checking it manually offset - tool set) and numbers for the tools are seem to be good for every tool, then i go back with tool #1 to the part and set Delta Z in auto tool measuring mode (I do it only once for tool #1).

Now when i start working tool #1 changes and goes to the part and works good (using auto with hand wheel), but when it changes to tool #3 (much longer tool) machine goes to change the tool and when it does Z axis goes up a little and returns to the part, in the mean time changed tool tip location is well below the table of the machine. Good thing I used hand wheel other wise tool would have hit the machine. Same thing happens to the other tools that are longer. Pretty much Z axis does not go up enough after the tool change. So my question: 1. for the part set up and tool measurement - am I doing everything correct? 2. Z axis not going up, is that me or controller set up that way? If that is the settings, (that is what i begin to suspect) can anyone please help me change them so that Z axis goes up after change and them go down over the part.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can help me with that.

Thank you in advance.
:crying:

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum Semenov. Hopefully one of group of knowledgeable CNC users will be along soon to help.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I do not have a CNC router so i can't help. We do have very knowledgeable people that have CNC machines so hope one of them can help you.
Allen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts